Curt Blog

NeoProg Politics, Philosophy, and Culture

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Hollywood, California, United States

honest, intelligent, dependable and a nice guy

Monday, November 30, 2009

BACK UP

Is it safe? The W Bush years were dark days indeed. We actually cannot yet say our constitution will survive them intact. As the economy melts down due to predatory capitalism, the Class War is raging more intensely than ever. The Democrat’s super-majority that We voters elected in 2006 and 2008 are doing their level best to protect the interests of the wealthiest 1% and the multinational corporations. Obama pursues the lowest common “bipartisan” denominator and shows little sign of doing anything progressive.

Still, the Dems are less into fascist authoritarianism - especially since the Repugs in DC now range from the Far Right to Wingnut World - so the political atmosphere does feel a bit less hostile to free speech and other Constitutional niceties. During the last four years , I have been writing protest songs and now it is also time to get back up on this blog to post my ideas.

Looking back at what I wrote in 2004 and 2005, I think all my main ideas still stand. I kinda predicted that an event like the 2004 Tsunami could turn the whole political scene completely around and then Katrina hit in 2005 and did just that. However, my prediction of a Bush/Cheney impeachment never happened - I was so sure it would - and John McCain totally sold his soul to be a presidential candidate and lost my respect with his VP pick.

I did acheive my main goal with the blog - the neocons did not fool me with their lies. I was totally against the Iraq invasion and the USA Patriot Act (plus the Wall Street Bailouts) from the very beginning. On this blog, only the truth can set you free and only reality based ideas and essays will be posted.

Just for fun, I posted a little fantasy spoof play I wrote in 2004 leading up to the election.
I never posted it then, but it might be worth a chuckle in retrospect.
curtblog - November 30, 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home